In this article, you’ll learn how to get marker out of carpet using different ways that will surely help you in solving the stain problems.
We all want a clean home that is free of stains. Yet, as dusts are everywhere and inevitable to stick on any surface of the house, we also can’t avoid stains from being applied on some parts of the house.
A dusty smudge on the wall can be easily removed with a wet fabric. The mud tracks you can find on the floor can just be wiped off using a wet mop. However, what if you find a marker stain that seems irremovable on your carpet?
How To Get Marker Out Of Carpet?
Since you can’t just vacuum it away or sweep it off using a broom, here are useful techniques on how to get marker out of carpet, thereby completely removing those stubborn stains in order to maintain your carpet’s appearance.
Technique #1: Removing a Newly Applied Marker Stain
- By the time you find out about the stain on that precious carpet of yours, the first thing that you have to do is use a dry clean fabric to smudge away any marker stain from the carpet.
- If the marker stain is still wet, you would be lucky to remove most of the stain before the carpet absorbs all of it.
- After the initial removal, you should wet a clean fabric and apply soap. Use it to remove the remaining marker stain. You will be able to observe that it will slowly wash out if you apply force to the stained spot.
Technique #2: Removing Dried Marker Stain on Carpet
If you discover that the marker stain has already been applied on the carpet in an enough time to dry up and be absorbed by the carpet, you can use a kind of substance to remove it.
- Prepare a can of hairspray which is ‘oil-free’. Apply an optimal amount of it to a clean white fabric.
- Wipe the marker stain with pressure.
- If the marker is still present, repeat steps 1 and 2 until there is no marker stain left on the carpet.
Technique #3: Removing Stain Using Ink Removers
This technique involves using an ink stain remover that can help you remove the marker stain on your carpet.
- Buy a Motsenbocker Lift Off # 3 Stain Remover from the store. This is a product which is manufactured to remove ink stains.
- Generously spray the stained area using the product.
- With the use of a clean fabric, smudge the stain until you can observe that it is finally removed.
Technique #4: How to Get Marker out of Carpet Using a Carpet Cleaner
This technique offers a method of stain removal using a carpet cleaner made available in market as well as in the Internet.
- Once you obtain an Oops Stain Remover, shake it well before opening it.
- Pour a reasonable amount of the product to the affected area of the carpet.
- Let it be absorbed by the fabrics of the carpet for about one minute.
- Using a white clean fabric, wipe the substance away. The stain should be smudged away from the carpet into your fabric.
These are the easy ways on how to get marker out of carpet. If it is too thick to smudge them away yourself, you can contact professional carpet cleaning services online that can remove those carpet stains for you.
If you would still want to try to remove a large amount of stain yourself using these methods, do a simple test on the smaller part of that marker stain at first in order to avoid any massive damage on your carpet.